Oh Sweet Valentine
Whether you love or loathe it, it is an unavoidable day of the year…
Having once been on the receiving end of a packet of biscuits on Valentines Day, I am all too aware that some can get the 14th February very, very wrong. Gift buying can be a stressful experience, causing some people to crack under the pressure and succumb to buying a fluffy teddy bear the size of a small child, that can be seen in each and every shop window in the run up to V day…fear not. Whether you’re a baller or a penny pincher this article will (hopefully) help you to treat your loved one in a non conventional or, god forbid, cringy way.
Giving someone your time and undivided attention can be the best present of all, so why not change your V day ways and treat your sweetheart to the gift of a memory? It will last longer than any box of chocs and will show your other half just how thoughtful and romantic you can be. Win Win.
1. Sky Garden- enjoy the extensive cocktail list in the paradisal sky pod bar while drinking in the city skyline. The view is unparalleled come day or night, rain or shine.
2. Eurostar to Paris- this is probably for the ballers among us but tickets to the city of love can be picked up at a relatively reasonable price if booked in advance or left to the last minute (this is only for the very brave).
3. Colombia road flower market- take your honey honey to the beautiful Shoreditch street market, walk among the array of stalls hand in hand then surprise them with a bouquet of the fresh flowers they’ve just been oohing and ahhing at. Plus, plenty of eateries nearby if you really fancy making a day of it.
4. Tate modern- A museum isn’t an obvious pick for a romantic day out but the 10th floor of the Tate is a viewing gallery providing unforgettable 360° views of London. Afterwards enjoy a drink or five in one of the many surrounding bars along Embankment.
5. London Eye- it’s one of those things that people think is expensive but it actually isn’t too bad. If you’re really thinking of pushing the boat out, you could buy two tickets for the London eye’s champagne experience-there’s something about sipping on bubbles looking out over London, 443ft up.
There you have it. Valentines day 2017-sorted.