Valentine’s Day Look Book
Up to anything this February with your valentine or friends? Here are a few looks you can create fast and easy.
Little Black Dress
You can never go wrong with a little black dress. This purchase is not only going to save your life for Valentine’s Day, but also could be worn to many events in different styles. Everyday look to all-glam, little black dress is here to save the day. If you are planning to go on a cute, elegant dinner with your partner or friends, accessorizing this dress with white pearl earrings and a vintage Audrey Hepburn make-up look will do the job.
You can get a black dress almost from anywhere in any shapes or sizes. Go for the one you feel most comfortable and good in – as you would like to have your dinner whilst being able to breathe. Accessories or H&M is perfect to find a cheap yet stunning pair of pearl earrings that will define the look.
For this look I would recommend black heels however if you like to add some color, feel free to wear those red heels on your feet.
The make-up I went for to achieve this look was;
· Skin: The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimizer as a primer, Maybelline color corrector to cover under eye and any redness on my face, Rimmel Wake Me Up as a concealer (again under eye and any spots I want to cover), Laura Mercier translucent powder to set my face. Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish and Pop Blusher. Contour sticks by Smashbox and last but not least, stick sculpting highlighter by Clinique. For this look I didn’t go overboard with highlighter, which was quite unusual for me but thought a subtler look worked better for the whole outfit.
· Eyes: After priming your eyes, Rimmel concealer on your eyelid and translucent powder to avoid any creasing. The Body Shop Down To Earth Eye Shadow Palette base colours on your eyelid Colour Crush Eyeshadow No. 220 in the shade of Chocolate Linger to your cut crease and NARS velvet shadow stick on your upper eyelid platform. Benefit mascara Roller Lash. After I used Maybelline Matte Liquid Black Eyeliner. Eyelure Fake Lashes by Cheryl.
· Eyebrows: Blinkbrow Extra Slim Brow Pencil in the shade of Indian Chocolate, Blinkbrow BrowBuild Gel
· Lips: NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the shade of Mysterious Red. This is by far one of my favorites as it does not smudge and very easy to apply or top-up.
Going somewhere outdoors and a bit more of a casual evening? This look is the one for you. White shirt, black skirt, black tights, black boots and a warm coat. If you think you will be cold with skirt, high wasted black jeans with a big belt will look sophisticated as well. As it is a casual look, I would recommend the makeup to be more natural looking, however if you feel like adding some glitter-please don’t hold back. You can never do wrong with glitter. The make-up I went for was:
· Skin: The same skin routine I used in The Little Black Dress look, except contoured my face using Benefit Hoola Bronzer instead of using cream contour.
· Eyes: Conceal eyes with Rimmel Wake Me Up and set them with Laura Mercier translucent powder. Use neutral eye shadow tones as a base so that you can blend the other colours easily. MAC’s eye shadow palette Burgundy Times Nine is perfect for a Valentine’s Day Look. I used the shade Embark on my cut-crease and towards my upper eyelid platform, so the inner part of my cut crease I blended the shades; Antiqued, Haux, Poppy seed and Honey Lust. Make sure to blend these colors and apply them to your lower lash line. Rimmel London’s Exaggerate brown eye definer on the outer lower and upper lash lines. Make sure to smudge and blend it to give it a more subtle and smoky look if you want to achieve this look. I did not use fake lashes therefore using Lancome Virtuose mascara in black will make your eyes pop and your partners eyes to pop out.
· Lips: Rimmel London Exaggerate Lip liner with Rosie for Autograph in the shade of Lady Rose No. A335
Nice dinner with your special someone? As Coco Chanel once said “Less is more”. A nice shirt and trousers can do the job for a nice meal out. Instead of going black or white shirt on black trousers I would recommend a dark blue shirt to make the outfit stand out. It is a very simple thing however the difference it will make on your look is unquestionable. Black shoes and a black leather watch will be the cherry on top.
For makeup you can use Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer to cover any spots, under eyes or redness however, make sure to blend it well. If you feel like giving a bit of definition to your cheekbones or jawline using MAC Bronzer with a big brush would be the best option as it is very subtle and blends very easily.
Cold Hands Warm Hearts
As it is February and we are in London, the cold weather is inevitable. If your plans include outdoors and nice strolls in the park, this outfit will make you not only look good but also keep you warm and snuggly. You can never go wrong with a turtleneck, and on the plus side your other half cannot steal your scarf, as you will not need one. Wearing a beige or burgundy color will put a bit of something extra to you casual Valentine’s Day look.
But of course these are all just suggestions, feel free to rock any look with as much make up or no make-up at all. As long as you feel good, comfortable and happy – you will be glowing and that is a promise I can make.