Things to do in London over Christmas
Ho, ho, ho! Whether you’re ready for it or not, Christmas in London is here! Just in case you couldn’t already tell. From Fairy Lights and Cinemas to Hogwarts and Christmas markets, we have all the events that you could possibly want to go to during this festive period!
1. Winter Wonderland. The largest Christmas fair you could ever imagine. Winter Wonderland is the STAPLE Christmas event in London. Entry is free but don’t forget to bring cash on arrival for all your hotdog and chocolate needs!
2. Backyard Cinema. Imagine walking through a winter night garden into a cinema filled with beanbags and sofas. Not to even begin to mention the extensive amount of Christmas films that they are showing! From Elf to The Holiday, they have everything film you could need to get you into the Christmas spirit.
3. Christmas in Carnaby. What screams Christmas more than a flying parrot? We’re not so sure either! You can always rely on Carnaby Street to put up the most brightly coloured lights in all of London. Go check them out!
4. Ice Skate at Somerset House. Get your ice skates at the ready, it’s time to slip and slide all over the place!
5. Oxford Street Christmas Lights. The lights you’ve seen in everyone’s Instagram posts from the past few years. Viewing the Christmas lights is totally free but we can’t be held for blame if you spend all your money on any of the amazing deals in the shops below!
6. Hogwarts in the Snow. With all of the original Christmas decorations from the films, Hogwarts has been transformed into a winter wonderland. Even the Gryffindor Common Room and Boys’ Dormitory have been decorated with handmade Christmas cards, some of which were created by the cast members during production. This is something all Harry Potters fans will not want to miss!